Friday, February 13, 2009

Have you seen the Beloved?



A gracious Sufi went to Mecca to meet the Beloved. He told me he sat and looked at God's house for a very long time and found it empty for him. Thus, he was working hard for the rest of his life to find God.

Had I seen the Beloved?

I knew a lovely devout woman who went to Mass every day to receive communion. On her deathbed she confided she feared the Void. What would she find? Was there anything there? Should she be afraid? She had not found the Beloved.

Did I know something of Him?

I visited a man in a mental facility who wanted to know God's name. It was a matter of some urgency for him. He had been told the path to recovery required he find God. He supposed it was a fool's errand.


Quick, tell them. Point to your heart and tell us all. Where are you hiding our Friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment